1. Crushing by T.D. Jakes: The Bishop is back and class is in session! With pastoral compassion, precision tuned words that resonate deep in the soul, and experiences from his own story, Bishop reminds us that being crushed is not the end. It is the beginning of something beautiful emerging from our lives. You can buy it on Amazon.
2. Find Your Way by Carly Fiorina: Former CEO of Hewlett Packard (HP) draws from her own remarkable journey and provides undeniable proof why finding your path is better than having a plan. She also makes the case why potential is the most limitless human resource in the world. Her book can be purchased on Amazon.
1. The Way of the Warrior by Erwin McManus: With direct talk, and punchy sentences, Pastor Erwin of Mosaic Church in L.A. does not disappoint. His latest release is as good as his last, The Last Arrow, if not better. Using the picture of a warrior, he provides a revolutionary blueprint for living at our highest capacity. Prepare for your thinking to be challenged You will love this book!
2. The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday: I wasn’t sure what to expect from this author I had never read a book from. But with clear delivery and thought-provoking concepts, Holiday shows that obstacles in our way don’t have to deter our progress. We can turn trials into triumph! You can purchase this book here.
February – March 2019
1.Atomic Habits by James Clear: From one of the leading authorities on habits comes this simple and practical collective to breaking bad habits and establishing good ones. Most of the time, our habits are a hindrance to our goals. This is a must-read. You can check out your local library or purchase a copy from Amazon.
2. 14 Keys to Lasting Love by Dr. Kim Kimberling: As this is relationship month, I had to read a book on marriage and Dr. Kimberling does not disappoint. Providing a rich and synthetic blend of stories and lessons, this book is a treasure. A copy can be purchased here.
January – February 2019
1. On Mental Toughness by the Harvard Business Review: This is a definitive collection of articles on mental strength. Worth reading to gain exposure to critical ideas for better mental health. You can purchase a copy here.
2. Win from Within by John Gray: The author of the insightful and inspiring book, “I am Number 8”, Pastor Gray writes again from his own personal experience. He peels back the layers and invites us to his own personal struggles and how he is winning the battle we all must face; the war with ourselves. This life changing book is available here.
November – December 2018
1. Against the Flow by John Lennox: Based on the Bible story of Daniel, this is a fascinating and captivating read to help live out faith as a follower of Christ against the flow of the current culture. One of my favorite books of 2018! You can purchase the book here
2. Platform by Michael Hyatt: Written by the former CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers and current best selling author, top ranked blogger and leading podcaster, this book reads like a textbook course for anyone who is called to speak or write! It is your hammer and nails to build that platform you’ve always wanted! You can order the book here
1. Overcomer by Dr. David Jeremiah: One of my favorite bible teachers does a practical distillation on the topic of spiritual warfare. You will learn how daily victory is a promise from God. To purchase, click here
2. No Fail Meetings by Michael Hyatt: I hate meetings. But hate should not be a hindrance to growth. In this book by one of the top bloggers on the topic of productivity, we are taught 5 steps to more productive meetings. The book is not available on Amazon, but Michael has a website dedicated for this book.
3. 13 things that Mentally Strong People Don’t Do by Amy Morin: Having a strong mind is a choice we make daily with our habits. From overcoming deep personal grief, Amy Morin explores a compelling list to help us build and maintain mental strength. You can purchase the book here
September – October 2018
1. Primary Greatness by Stephen Covey: This one is a gem of a book. Stephen Covey, known for the dynamic 7 Habits of Highly Effective People writes another masterpiece here. In this book he identifies 12 levers of success using the inside-out approach to living. The levers are geared to character development. The big idea here is that inner success is the basis on which any significant life is built. You can purchase it here.
2. Irresistible by Andy Stanley: If you have heard a talk by Andy Stanley, then you know he does it like no one else. Pastor Andy challenges how we do Christianity today with the aim of returning our faith to when it was Irresistible. Click here to buy. Read this at your own risk.